You’re transitioning to LED, an investment that will bring your company cost savings, energy efficiency, and high-quality lighting solutions. But, how can you be sure that you’re getting the best options available? The answer lies with the commercial lighting contractor that you choose.
The right contractor should be responsible for the audit, design, and installation of your LED retrofit project. Choosing the right contractor can be a difficult decision, so we’ve put together some tips to help you select the best one.
- Check their Credibility. What experience does this company have? Ask for references, check their website for case studies, and question the contractor about their training and expertise in your specific industry. They should be knowledgeable about various lighting techniques and ask you specific questions to uncover what level and type of lighting is right for your business.
- Get at least 3 bids. With any outsourced project, we recommend you receive at least 3 bids to be sure that you’re paying the right price for the right amount of services. You’ll gain insight as you speak to 3 different companies and be able to use what you’ve learned to ask the right questions.
- Focus on value, not price. Too many companies only look at price rather than evaluating all the value a contractor is offering. For example, we run into contractors who convert customers to LED but leave the ballast in. This means they’re paying for maintenance and upkeep over the life of the lamp when they shouldn’t have to. Many contractors also do not offer financing, rebate filing, utility bill auditing or honor the warranties.
- What kind of warranties do they offer? A quality commercial lighting contractor will give you a warranty on both their product and their labor. If you’re not satisfied with their work, will they come back and make it right?
- Will they be responsible for damages? Look into the contractor’s safety history to see if they have past violations or a low BBB rating. If they cause damage to your landscaping or irrigation during installation, will they be financially responsible for their mistakes? Will they accept liability for fixing the damages without charging you for labor?
Looking for help?
Energeia will help you explore further cost-cutting methods by helping you qualify for rebates, filling out complex paperwork, and returning money to your pocket where it belongs. We want to make sure that this process is as quick and painless as possible; with Energeia, you can guarantee that we’ll do everything in our power to get your energy bill at the cost that it should be for you to get the most out of your business. Contact us today at (989) 430-4801 today!